New Online Ontario Casinos Welcomes You to Join and Play
Land-based Ontario Casinos have been legally operating casinos in Ontario for a long time. The state-owned and native-tribe-owned retail casinos eventually opened the door for legal online casinos to open in Ontario. When iGaming Ontario launched, there were already 13 licensed and registered online sites. The best online casinos in Ontario offer casino slots, table games, and sports betting from the comfort of your home, office, or even on the move. Let’s have a good look at what these new online casinos in Canada have to offer you:
Online Casinos In Ontario and the Law
Looking for a casino in Ontario? The great news for Ontario residents is that it is now legal to secure a licence to operate online casinos and sportsbooks in Ontario. You can now find an online casino open in Ontario. Since it became legal, there have been a lot of registered online casinos in Ontario. The Ontario Lottery And Gaming Corporation (OLG) regulates online casino games and sports betting. The OLG is responsible for all casinos in Ontario. Their website is https://www.agco.ca/ for any queries you may have.
Legal gambling platforms in Ontario
The following is a list of all the Ontario casino legal platforms:
- Land-based casinos: owned by the Government and native tribes.
- Sports betting.
- Horse racing.
- State lottery.
- Poker rooms in the larger land-based casinos.
- Bingo/ Charity days to collect money for a purpose.
- Online casinos.
- Online sportsbooks.
Land-based VS Online Casinos in Ontario
One of the main reasons it took so long for the Government to legalize Ontario’s online casinos was that the existing land-based licence holders were afraid that the online industry would potentially take business away from them. There are inevitably pros and cons to both types of casinos. Playing in an online casino in Ontario, you can play with smaller minimum bets in the comfort of your home.
You have to travel a distance to land-based casinos in Ontario, but on the other hand you have other entertainment and great restaurants to enjoy. There is no interaction with people when playing online in casinos Ontario. They find that the younger generation is more prone to play online because they are more used to navigating the internet. Older bettors enjoy the crowds and croupiers.
What then actually happens is that the younger generation starts out playing online slots and table games and then goes to the land-based casino to get the real atmosphere. The bottom line is that more punters and not less visit the land-based casinos. The OLG regulates both land-based and online casinos in Ontario.
Offshore Casinos VS Provincial Casinos
There are literally thousands of offshore online casinos and sportsbooks available to you. Offshore casinos are casinos that are licensed and registered outside the borders of Canada. They do not fall under the legal jurisdiction of Ontario. Although it is legal to register with an offshore casino, it may be difficult to sort out any problems if the site is registered in another country. The benefits of registering and playing on an online casino in Ontario are:
- It is very safe: The best online casinos in Ontario only use encrypted software to keep your information safe.
- Banking options are local: Any problems with deposits and withdrawals can be handled locally.
- Responsible gambling: The OLG takes all gambling in Ontario very seriously. Online casinos in Ontario must work responsible gaming safety checks into the gaming software. These would include deposit limits per day and maximum betting per game or spin.
- Bonuses and promotions: Ontario online casinos offer great initial deposit bonuses and other bonuses and promotions to entice you to join them.
- Fair games: Ontario online casinos’ games are individually tested for a fair outcome. The minimum RTP on all games is 95%.
- Local Taxes: All winnings/earnings are taxed under the Tax laws of Ontario.
- The best casinos Ontario sites operate under very strict OLG rules and regulations and are monitored regularly.
- You get all the latest slots, table games, and odds from sportsbooks when playing at the best online casinos in Ontario.
Legal age to be able to play Casino Games Online In Ontario
Ontario has split the legal age for gambling into two groups. The legal age for playing the state lottery is 18 years of age. However, the legal age for wagering online on sportsbooks and casino games is 19 years.
How to Decide Which Online Casino In Ontario to Choose
Many online casinos are offering different odds and benefits on the market. There are many factors to consider before choosing an Ontario online casino. Let’s have a look at these factors:
Ontario online casinos offer many different bonuses when you join them. It is imperative to read through and understand the terms and conditions relating to the bonuses:
Initial Deposit Bonus
The best Ontario casinos offer excellent initial deposits. These deposits can be 100% your deposit limited to a maximum amount of can $1,000. These bonuses get paid into your account after registering on the site and making your first deposit. There are other terms and conditions that you must adhere to receive the initial bonus.
Some of the Ontario casinos may offer a no-deposit bonus. These are normally small bonus offers, and you are welcomed to the casino with no deposit. You can use the no-deposit bonus to get a feel of the casino. You make your deposit and then get an initial deposit bonus if you like it.
Reload Deposit Bonus
This kind of bonus is offered after you have joined. If you are a regular player, you can get weekly reload bonuses after depositing during the week. Deposits are allocated on a Friday if you made deposits up to Thursday. The reload deposit is normally a percentage of your deposit up to a maximum amount.
Terms and Conditions to Receive Bonuses
The Ontario online casinos have different terms and conditions to get the bonuses on offer. If you do not adhere to these terms and conditions, you may forfeit those bonuses. Some of the terms and conditions can be:
- Once you have decided which Ontario online casino is the best for your requirements, you need to register with the online casino and make a deposit.
- You must enter the correct bonus code when you make your deposit.
- You must meet the wager requirements. The requirements to be bet before you get the bonus can be x5 up to x40 your bonus amount.
- Expiration date. You must claim the bonus before the expiration date. This can be days, weeks or a month.
- Your winnings with bonuses can be restricted to a maximum.
- Free spins awarded can only be used on selected slots.
- After bonus free spins are used, the winning value must be bet again before you can withdraw those winnings.
- There can also be a set game contribution which boils down to that you must use the bonus amount proportionally on all games, like slots 50%, blackjack 25% and roulette 25%.
It is your responsibility to fully read and understand the terms and conditions before deciding where to register.
Promotions, Free Spins, and Tournaments
Some of Ontario’s casinos also offer ongoing promotions. These promotions are normally in the shape of free spins on selected slot games. They can also offer a Reward Program or VIP program where you get points allocated every time you make a deposit. The more deposits you make, the higher your allocated points. You become a gold or platinum member, for instance.
Each step-up you make will give you additional benefits. Some online casinos also give you shopping points that add up. You can use these points to purchase merchandise from the casino’s online store. Refer-a-Friend promotions are also on offer where you get a bonus for introducing new players. Another promotion is software-specific, where you play a specific developer slot or table game. There are also tournaments on offer where players would play for points, and the top points scorer will receive cash prizes. The points are given for every Can$1 played.
Minimum and Maximum Deposits
It is important to look at minimum deposits when playing your favourite game. If it is too high, you can not play. If the deposit maximum is high, you can lose more money than you wanted.
Online casinos in Ontario offer different payment options. You must look at which payment option is the best for you. This includes bank debit and credit card options, eWallet payments, and cryptocurrency.
To make a withdrawal from the Ontario casino, you must click on the Withdrawal button on the homepage of your site. You must type in the amount you want to withdraw. You then select your preferred payment method. It is important to know that the lead time to receive the payment for your first withdrawal will be longer as there would be extra information required by the site, like an ID number or a copy of the ID. Some sites will require proof of address. This all takes time.
The pay-out speed differs from casino to casino and from payment option to payment option. It can be as quick as one day or take 5 or more working days. Make sure that you are happy with the terms and conditions before registering.
Games On Offer
The variety of casino games and sporting events covered by the sportsbook is also very important. You want to register with the site that gives you the widest variety of slots, table games, and betting odds that you like:
Slots are very popular. The best online casinos in Ontario offer the traditional classic and the beautiful high-tech, themed video slots. There are some basic variations to take into consideration when playing slots:
- RTP: The return to player percentage or rate is how much you can win playing with Can$100. RTP calculates your chance of winning as a percentage. The higher the percentage shown, the better your chance of winning.
- Volatility: low volatility means smaller winnings more regularly. High volatility will get you high winnings but further spread apart.
- Reels and rows: Most of the slots are five-reel, three-row mechanisms. The latest ones have expanding rows or reels.
- Paylines vs Ways to pay: With pay lines, you must land matching symbols in specific lines from the left reel to the right reel. Ways to Pay differ in that you must have matching symbols in any combination from the left reel to the right reel.
Blackjack is the classic game where you must try and get to 21 with cards dealt with you. The dealer must stand on seventeen. If you beat the dealer you get paid even money. If you get a ten and ace, it is called a blackjack, and you get paid 1.5 x your bet unless the dealer also gets a blackjack. Bettors like this game because you do influence the game with your decision-making. There are a lot of variations to the basic blackjack table game on offer. Make sure that the casino offers the blackjack game that you like.
Ontario online casinos offer both European and American roulette. European roulette games feature one zero, giving a higher winning percentage but lower odds. American roulette has two zeros. The two zeros give you a lower winning percentage, but the odds are higher. The Ontario casinos also offer variations on the two classic Roulette games. Some offer different side bets.
One of the more popular online table games offered in Ontario casinos is baccarat as it is an easy game to play. You simply play against the house. You can place a bet on the house or yourself to get the closest to nine. Ace to nine counts their number value. Ten to the king has no value. The dealer puts a card in front of you and then in front of the house. Each one gets another card. The hand closest to nine wins. A winning hand earns you even money.
Some of the best online casinos in Ontario also offer video poker. If you like five-card draw poker, you will love Video poker, which is based on it. Double bonus poker is the most popular variety.
Live Table Games
Live table games are more interactive. You have professional live dealers in modern studios presenting classic table games like blackjack, roulette, baccarat, bingo and crabs, and variations on the classics. The dealers put time limits on placing bets. They help to create an atmosphere of being in a luxurious land-based casino.
Some of the best casinos in Ontario offer big jackpots to their players by networking specific games and slots. These jackpots can be fixed amounts or can progressively increase in value as the specific games are played.
Some Ontario online casinos also offer novelty games like Kino, Slingo and Andar Bahar.
The best Ontario casino sites offer great quality slots and games from top gaming providers. The quality software makes for fluent playing experiences and easy navigation in a game and from one game to another. Specific apps are developed by the online casinos for IOS and Android mobiles. You can play casino games on your laptop, pc, tablet and mobile.
Customer support is very important. If you have any queries you want to sort out quickly and smoothly. The best Ontario online casinos will have 24/7 Live Chat available to help you. They should also have a quick response email service. Product-related queries should also have a list of frequently asked questions that may assist you with your query.
Why Choose an Ontario Online Casino?
There are plenty of reasons why you must choose one of the best online casinos in Ontario:
- The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation is the regulator that enforces responsible gambling in all Ontario casinos and sportsbooks.
- Your deposits and winnings are held in segregated accounts, making it safe.
- All Ontario online casinos are independently tested to have games and odds which have fair outcomes.
- Winnings are taxed under local tax laws.
- The best Ontario casinos operate in a legal jurisdiction so that all your problems can be sorted out by iGaming Ontario.
- Only the best games are offered because these Ontario casinos are licensed and registered.
How to Play in an Ontario Online Casino
To play in any of the best Ontario casinos, you must first register and make a deposit. Follow this guideline to start playing in an Ontario casino:
- Choose the site that best suits all your needs.
- Go to their website.
- On the homepage, you will find the Join Now or Register button.
- Click on this to go to the registration page.
- You will be asked for some personal details. This is your name, surname, date of birth, telephone number and email address.
- You will also be asked to pick a unique username and password.
- On the next page, you must select the option of paying your deposit and making withdrawals.
- You are now required to make your first deposit. This deposit must equal or be more than the minimum deposit required. Remember that you need to enter the correct bonus code as displayed on the bonuses page.
- Once your deposit is cleared, you are ready to play at the best online casino in Ontario.
What About Income Tax On Your Ontario Online Casino Winnings
The ruling by the Canadian Government is that winnings on any form of gambling, which includes online sportsbooks and online casinos, are not liable for tax. However, it does change if your winnings from gambling are your sole source of income. You are then classified as being a professional gambler and will have to pay income tax on your winnings/ earnings.
Are Ontario casinos safe and secure to wager in?
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation is very strict with its allocation of Ontario casino licences. They thoroughly investigate the background of companies applying for online gambling licences. They make sure that your money is safe in the hands of the casino. The best Ontario online casino sites use encrypted software to keep your personal information secure.
The OLG tests all the games and odds on a site to ensure that it is fair. iGaming Ontario is appointed to help you with any dispute with an online casino. iGaming Ontario will check all the reasons for a non-payment. If the casino is at fault, it can lose its licence. The reasons stated above should give you peace of mind deciding to play in Ontario casinos.
Ontario takes responsible gambling very seriously. Online gaming is even more so. The regulator has built-in rules and regulations to enforce responsible gambling. Some of the regulations include:
- The casino’s advertising campaigns must not be misleading.
- The casino is not allowed to advertise on TV spots and on any other site where minors are the target group.
- The online casinos must build systems in their software to prevent excessive play.
- The online casino must integrate gaming controls in their software to assist players in not gambling their hard-earned money away.
- Ontario online casinos that don’t adhere to these rules can lose their gambling license.
Great news to all Ontarians! At long last, you can wager online in licensed casinos in Ontario in the comfort of your own home or office. Online casinos are available now that are licensed and registered in Ontario. The best online casinos in Ontario are safe, secure and most importantly, fair. They offer a wide selection of top casino slots, table games and great odds on sports betting. So, don’t wait any longer! Register today, pay your deposit and play in the best Ontario online casino of your choice.
If you are a beginner in the online casino gaming world, you may have some questions regarding the mechanism and procedures:
Online casinos have been legal in Ontario since 4 April 2022.
The best online casinos in Ontario use encrypted software to keep your personal information safe and secure.
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation issues online casino licenses and regulates the use thereof. iGaming Ontario handles any disputes you may have with an online casino in Ontario.
Each casino has its criteria for you to receive its bonuses. You must register and pay at least the minimum deposit. You have to bet x5 to x40 of the bonus amount before receiving the welcome bonus. You must bet these amounts within a specified timeframe. You can only play a certain maximum odds with the bonus and sometimes only specific slots. You cannot withdraw a bonus. You have to place bets with it first. You can withdraw the winnings from that spin or bet.
The legal age for online gambling is 19 years old.
The Canadian Government ruled that you don’t pay tax on any form of gambling. If it is your only source of income, that will make you a professional gambler. You are then taxed on your winnings/income.
It all depends on the payment option you select. With some payment options, you can have your money within 24 hours. Other payment options can take up to 5 working days. You can check the site where you want to register for their payment options.
Online casinos are now legal in Ontario. To play for real money, you need to select one of the best online casinos, register, select your preferred payment method and pay your deposit. You are then ready to bet on all your favourite slots and table games and get odds for sports betting.
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation have very strict rules regarding responsible gambling. However, rest assured that your money is safe and in the local jurisdiction. iGaming Ontario will assist you with any disputes. Every game on offer in all the online casinos is tested to be fair, with an RTP of at least 95%. Ontario’s laws bind you in regards to taxes. If you are a citizen of Ontario, you don’t pay tax on online casino Ontario winnings. You can play the best and latest slots and table games and get odds on sports betting on matches worldwide.
When Were Online Casinos Launched In Ontario, Canada?